If you are relying on a blow molding machine for your business and a part wears down or breaks, it is essential to replace it with something of superior quality. Unless parts work correctly, you can expect a compromise on the machine’s operation and the quality of the finished product. The price you pay for a machine part depends on several factors. For instance, parts having to do with stretch blow molding are typically more expensive due to the increased complexity of the stretch blow molding machine.
The stretch blow molding process gets used for producing PET bottles such as those for water, juice, sports drinks, and more. In this case, a stretch blow molding machine stretches the preform in both the axial and hoop direction. Not only does that result in a unique shaped product, but also, by stretching the material biaxially, tensile strength increases, and clarity, drop impact, and barrier properties improve.
Additional Pricing Information
- Supplier – The supplier from which you purchase parts matters. A reputable company works to stay ahead of the competition, and therefore, keeps its pricing affordable without sacrificing quality. Also, when buying parts in bulk, there is traditionally even more cost savings. It is to your advantage to select a trusted and respected parts supplier.
- Resin Material – Another factor the significantly influences the price of parts is the resin material used. The least expensive options are polypropylene (PP) and low- and high-density polyethylene (HDPE and LDPE).
- Tooling – For optimal machine performance, quality parts for tooling are critical. Between standard and customized tooling, parts for the latter cost the most. Also, the tooling requirements and their complexity relating to your specific product play a role in the overall price.
- Dimensions – The dimensions of the part you need will also affect the price you pay. As expected, larger parts are usually more costly than smaller ones. However, with large dimensions, you can save money by having the part made from a type of resin capable of maintaining excellent strength.
- Structural – Various structural requirements, including handles, corners, tabs, compartments, and so on, impact the price of a part. The reason is that specialized features require unique tooling.
Your Best Machine and Parts Supplier
At PET All Manufacturing, an industry leader in blow molding machinery and parts, we can provide what you need while keeping the price affordable. Call or visit us online to learn more.