When it comes to the different manufacturing processes using plastic material, extrusion blow molding ranks among the highest in demand. For this, multiple industries and outside manufacturing companies depend on advanced extrusion blow molding machinery. Without the right machine, there would be no way to produce superior quality products.
As with all machinery, there are advantages and disadvantages to an extrusion blow molding machine. Learning both is an excellent way to ensure you select the right one for your specific needs.
- Revolutionary – The extrusion method of creating plastic products revolutionized manufacturing technology, giving different industries a viable solution.
- Output – With high-volume output, this machine can produce a vast number of finished bottles and containers.
- Diversity – A machine used for extrusion blow molding can produce a variety of products used by food and beverage, medical, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and other industries. The ability to produce products for diverse applications makes this process highly advantageous to others.
- Low Cost – Thanks to advances in machines used for this process, it costs manufacturers less to produce stellar products. For one thing, newer machines require less energy. Also, using a low level of pressure helps lower the cost of the machinery and its operations.
- Automation – Now as an automated method of production, the amount of wasted polymer is less. Also, automation increases production and ensures greater precision.
- Petroleum Dependency – Machines used for extrusion blow molding as a means to produce plastic products require a significant amount of petroleum, threatening to diminish the oil supply.
- Limited Capability – This type of machine produces hollow plastic bottles and containers. Although widely used by multiple industries, there are some limitations.
- Environmental Impact – In addition to the fact that this machining process depends on millions of gallons of petroleum, it produces plastic, which is a non-biodegradable material. For those two reasons, the process has a negative impact on the environment.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there are both advantages and disadvantages to using this kind of extrusion machinery. However, companies that design and develop the machines understand the concerns and, in response, have and continue to improve on various elements. Even with disadvantages, this machine and its process are vital to the success of companies around the world.
There is no question extrusion blow molding has taken the world of plastics to an entirely different level over the past few years. Thanks to high output speeds, precision products, repeatability, and cost savings, this machine has a lot to offer. In fact, recent studies indicate the demand for this type of machinery and its process will grow substantially over the next several years.
Top Quality Machines
For you to enjoy all the benefits of a machine used for extrusion blow molding, it is essential you do business with a leading manufacturer. PET All Manufacturing offers incredible choices of high-quality machinery, all competitively priced. Visit our website or call to learn more.